We are in process of moving a lot of Analysis for Office (AfO) workbooks from a SAP BW environment to the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform. Besides storing the workbooks on BI Platform, we of course want to use the OLAP connection on the BI Platform to connect to BW, instead of using the direct – locally defined – connection from AfO to BW.
AfO has a nice feature to quickly swap source systems, but it is a bit hidden. We are using Analysis for Office 2.3 by the way.
1. Open the workbook you want to migrate. Make sure your workbook is not connected to the BW system. Display the Design Panel, go to the Components tab and select your workbook. Right-click to Log Off.
3. Now right-click the workbook again. Select Replace System.
5. You now see the Replace System menu, where you can select a new system.
6. Initially this only shows the SAP systems that are defined in your SAP Logon. Click the button in the left bottom corner to login to the BI Platform.
7. Now the OLAP connections from the BI Platform are also selectable. Choose the connection you want to use.
8. A message is given about workbooks that contain planning functions.
10. Now you can Refresh the workbook and/or Save it to the BI Platform.