As SAP decided to stop publicly sharing the SAP Analytics Cloud Fast Track release notes with Quarterly Release Cycle customers, I’ll just share them on my blog for those of you who are interested on what’s coming up.
You can check your SAC version via System > About in the SAC menu bar. The current QRC version is 2021.20. So to be clear, as apparently there is still a lot of confusion about this, if you are on this QRC version the features mentioned below are not available on your SAC tenant until the next QRC release.
You can find the release calendar for all SAP Cloud products in SAP KBA 2888562. For 2022 there will be a QRC release in February (weekend 18-20), May (weekend 20-22), August (weekend 19-21) and November (11-13).
SAP Analytics Cloud Version 2022.1 Release Notes
- For story users, support has been added to the new model for identifying missing currency conversion rates:
- There is improved conversion error handling for new models with currency conversion.
- Users can trigger a missing rate analysis with required parameters directly from an error pop-up in stories.
- Conversion errors in tables based on new models are now logged in the rate table’s conversion error log.
- In advanced formulas, you can now define the scope of a linked model, just like what you normally do for the default model, by using MODEL…ENDMODEL statement. In combination with the definition of the linked model scope, dimensions existing only in the linked model but not in the default model (missing dimensions) can be omitted in the definition of the LINK function.After the linked model scope is defined:
- You can use the LINK function to return a certain range of data from the linked model and redirect the calculation scope of the default model by using attributes of dimensions from the linked model in the DATA function.
- You can use dimensions from a linked model in the IF or FOREACH scope.
- We have extended the data entry experience of Mass Data Entry mode. All calculations that have been created via ‘add column’ and/or ‘add row’ and have been modeled using the formula bar are affected. While performing data entries in Mass Data Entry mode, all previously mentioned calculations will update accordingly within Mass Data Entry mode. This allows planners to see data changes even before data has been processed/submitted by Mass Data Entry Mode.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud iOS SDK now supports Xcode 13.
- When influencers are used, multiple linear trends can now be detected. This further improves the handling of disrupted time series.
- You can now add predictive steps to your multi actions to create time series forecasts. A predictive step can retrain a predictive model based on the freshest state of your data and can then write a time series forecast to a version.
- When exporting content from your tenant using the Transport > Export > Content Network Storage option, you can now select the workspace’s root folder and its content.
- Blending is now available in analytics designer. As an application designer, you can join a primary data source with secondary data sources that contain common dimensions. You can, therefore, create charts and tables with a blended data source, as well as filters that can simultaneously update all the charts and tables with a linked dimension. You can also leverage APIs for blended charts or tables, while they work only on the primary data source.
- As an application user, you can now view, filter, and search for all the subscribed data change insights across analytic applications on your SAP Analytics Cloud home screen.
- As a developer of custom widgets, you can now create custom data types.
- As a data analyzer user, you can now keep the last saved values for dynamic variables in your insight and make the variable prompt dialog come up necessarily when opening your insight.
SAP Analytics Cloud Version 2021.24 Release Notes
- You can now configure the logo that appears in the application shell bar.
- Upon activation of a calendar process, people who are involved in the process as well as its child events will now receive only one notification instead of notifications for each event. The email notification contains a list of all events that are relevant for the user and specifies their roles.
- The Android mobile app now supports Android 12.
- You can now publish insights to the Catalog.
- It is now possible to use the navigation panel for analytic applications that run on bigger mobile devices like tablets and iPads. Smaller mobile devices, like smart phones, are not fully supported for the time being.
- At design time, you’ll receive performance optimization tips when your analytic application design may potentially affect runtime performance. The related best practices include:
- Collapsing input controls
- Manually setting Top N
- Keeping images small
- The linked analysis diagram has been renamed to linked widgets diagram as it can now visualize more than linked analysis and filter line relationships. You can have a graphic view of relationships among input controls, namely cascading effects, and do related settings directly on the diagram.
- It is now possible for data analyzer users to select or deselect all measures in the builder panel.
SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office
- The SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office has been updated. For a list of new features, see the What’s New.
SAP Analytics Cloud Version 2021.23 Release Notes
- You can now use the bursting functionality in scheduling to share unique and personalized content with individual recipients.
Data Acquisition, Live Data Connections, and Integration
- Performance of data acquisition from S/4HANA has been greatly improved in this release.
- When you create or edit calendar events with many people involved, now only the first 5 people are displayed in the respective People sections, and a link is added that lets you access a dialog with the complete list of owners, assignees, reviewers, or viewers. In this dialog, you can search for people, add or remove people, or move reviewers to a different review round.
- In the explanation of time series forecasting models, the impact of the influencers is now clearly separated from the impact of trend and cycles.
- iOS mobile app users can now filter, view details, and designate items as favorites in the Catalog tab.
- As an application designer, you can now use the API getWidgetApi() to request a list of all widgets of a specific type listed by the new type ENUM “WidgetType”.
- As an application designer, you can now enable specific widgets to be hidden in runtime when the screen width is smaller than a certain threshold, by responsive rules configuration in flow layout panels.
SAP Analytics Cloud Version 2021.22 Release Notes
- When sharing content with other users, the Email new recipients check box is now unchecked by default. Also, an administrator can now disable sharing to All Users.
- When pasting cells from a table or an external spreadsheet, you can now paste unbooked cells to booked cells to delete values.
- The iOS mobile app now supports iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
- As a story user, you can now open data analyzer from a table via the actions menu item Open Data Analyzer.To be able to use this action menu item, first it has to be enabled by one of the following options:
- Enable data analyzer on a table via the builder panel (by checking the property Enable Data Analyzer).
- Enable data analyzer for all tables via the Story Details dialog (by selecting the property Enable Data Analyzer for all Tables).
SAP Analytics Cloud Version 2021.21 Release Notes
- Aside from executing multi actions in the planning trigger, you can now schedule their automatic execution from the calendar.