Today is a glorious day, as SAP Press released our new book: SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio – The Comprehensive Guide!! I can’t believe this is already the fourth book with my name on it…
Together with my Interdobs colleagues Jeroen van der A and Dwain Chang we created the book over the past 11 months. Pfew.
So when we started this project in April 2015, Design Studio was only on version 1.4! You can imagine the amount of changes this tool has had over the past years. And not only looking at pure tool features, also the number of organizations that are actually using Design Studio!
Design Studio is more and more moving from a pure dashboarding solution to a broad purpose tool to create BI apps that not only visualize data, but also support ad-hoc data analysis and even data input features.
It was clear that our 2013 book Getting Started with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio needed a big update, as it included only the features up until Design Studio version 1.1. The new edition is updated for Design Studio 1.6 and with a whopping 750 pages almost doubled in size!
The book is divided in five parts:
- Getting Started, introduces Design Studio and compares it to the other SAP BI front end tools. Design Studio use cases are discussed and the installation procedures are walked through step-by-step .
- The Basics, goes through every detail of the Design Studio client tool and its components, and shows you how to develop an application.
- Advanced Concepts, describes how to add interactivity to apps, set up planning, format and enhance applications and finishes with a set of guidelines and best practices for data visualization and dashboard development.
- Software Development Kit, dives into the world of creating custom components.
- Examples, provides a set of step-by-step examples of Design Studio applications.
At the book page on SAP Press you can check a sample chapter and the full index. The book is available in a hardcover printed edition and an eBook version.
Until 31 March 2016 the following coupon code can be used for a 15% discount: SPBNDS15
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio: The Comprehensive Guide
750 pages, 2nd, updated and revised edition 2016, Print edition hardcover